Footwear, like in all ‘walks’ of life has a huge variety and selection to try that can baffle the average consumer and all fitness participants. Combining knowledge from numerous industry professionals we have compiled a list of essentials to help you choose the correct tools for your feet.
- Gait Analysis – Uncovers precisely how your body is moving. Every activity, even standing still, represents a unique movement pattern. This helps you and the retailer determine the correct footwear for you to support your unique individual style. This can be undertaken at most good running stores or by a trained industry professional.
- Type of Activity – Footwear must accompany the type of exercise or fitness pursuit you are involved in. For instance running and weight lifting require totally different fundamentals from a training shoe as do ballet and cross fit. So you need to be aware of this before a decision can be made.
- Brand of Shoe / Trainer –Feet have a huge variety of shapes and sizes. Although all trainers or specific exercise footwear have principally the same purpose brands vary in width and fit. Just like with clothes you need to try various brands to decide which works best with the biomechanics and ergonomics of your foot.
- Style – 1000’s upon 1000’s of different designs and styles of footwear are launched every year. Deciding on your favourite can be very time consuming but also very important. Wearing a style you feel comfortable with will also benefit your self-confidence around the gym or training environment and give you the boost to be the best version of you.
- Colour – There have been many studies to determine the impact of colour on numerous aspects of the brain such as feelings, senses, anxiety, pulse, blood flow and arousal. So when choosing your footwear colour the link to how you will feel wearing them can be determined by this decision due to the mood a particular colour tone or shade has on you.
After you follow the above steps you should end up with the ideal footwear for you that is not only safe and supportive but stylish and fashionable in a colour that reflects you as a person or varying colour of the trainer that highlights perhaps the mood you are in that day or desire to be in.